Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair Pros Plez HELP BIG TIME>>>...............?

I haven't had a perm in 2-3 months now and I'm trying to grow my hair out naturally. Its very hard from me because I've had a perm in my head for 18 yrs. I wanted to know what is the best way to straighten your hair ( I am african americam) besides using a perm? and how do I maintain the natural look without a perm? Is a press and curl the best way to straighten your hair? Please help because my hair is soooo nappy right now, You can like see all the new growth in my hair right now (that's what I usually Perm the new growth). Also I there a way I can get the perm out of my head for good? Or do I not have one because I haven't had a perm in 2-3 months? I'm confused. I really don't know how to maintan my hair without a per because it's very hard to comb through the new growth. Should I just cut all my hair off? I really don't want to, but my hair is growing slow and I cut it so many times, but it's still not growing. I'm kinda scard to cut my hair off becauseI have a few bald spots. help



Hair Pros Plez HELP BIG TIME%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;...............?

You have a few options: One just use a straightner everyday. Ceramic straightners are best to keep the hair from getting damaged. A straightner is basically the same thing as a press- you plug it in, it heats up, and you squish your hair in it. I also suggest you use shampoo for straight hair- Herbal Essences makes a good one. Also when you blow dry your hair point the blowdryer down not up. Lastly you should use some hairspray to keep your hair straight and prevent flyaways. What is lucky about your situation is this: Moisture-rich and oily hair straighten better than damaged dry hair. So if you were looking to get curly hair I might tell you to let your hair become unhealthy but instead you get to have healthy hair. So use lots of conditioner and even get it down to your scalp. Blowdrying and straightening are going to take a toll on your permed hair so do whatever you can to condition your hair. Maybe leave in conditioner. If you don't feel like doing all this every morning, you can also just put your hair in a ponytail or bun. ANOTHER OPTION: Go to a salon and explain that you'd like your hair permanently straightnened. Its a chemical process they do and it works great but it may be expensive. ANOTHER OPTION: If none of this works, it means your hair is damaged from your perms. Before cutting all your hair off, I would condition it and leave the conditioner in for at least 10 minutes. Use a strong conditioner. The best ones come in samples in boxed hair dye. If you still can't get your hair straight, cut it. There are lots of cute shorthair cuts and you could figure out what would look good depending on your faceshape. Trick with short hair: Use lots of gel! Also, all hair grows about 1/2 inch a month and there's nothing you can do to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security